Suscripción al Vitrail de Saint-Uguzon

A stained-glass window dedicated to the Patron Saint of the Guild in the Church of Notre-Dame des Valayans.

The Parish Association of Valayans and the Guilde Internationale des Fromagers have joined forces to create a stained-glass window dedicated to Saint-Uguzon, our patron, which will be inaugurated on September 11 at 10:30 am by the bishop of Avignon (France).

Notre-Dame des Valayans is the only church in the Vaucluse whose interior is entirely painted. Built between 1852 and 1855, it  was inscribed in the national Historical Monuments registry in 2014 under the formal name of Notre-Dame of the Immaculate Conception.

In November 2021 the Guilde made a donation of a santon (a traditional Provençal crèche figure) of Saint- Uguzon, which was blessed by the parish priest during the Christmas celebrations and has since been kept in the church’s treasury.

This stained-glass window dedicated to Saint-Uguzon will replace the window in the treasury which currently only contains plain glass panes. The work, 94 cm x 59 cm, will be made by a master glassmaker in Monteux, in the Vaucluse.

All Guilde members are invited to participate in making this happen and to attend its inauguration (subscription form below or

Download subscription form (PDF, 320Kb) or